Contract Management Director
Engineering & Project Excellence
Purpose of the Job
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Engineering & Project Excellence and functionally to the Senior Vice-President, Legal. The Contract Management Director will lead the Contract Management function to reach two main objectives: develop the Contract Management Community across Grid, and establish with ownership the deployment of the processes including the selected tools to support the Contract Management activities in the execution of the project. In addition to his functional role, the Contract Management Director will be actively and deeply involved providing directions as well as challenging, the commercial strategy of Critical projects to be validated by the Project Directors and Project Managers. He/she can ultimately contribute and supports the Project Directors/Managers in client/suppliers commercial dispute as required.
The Contract Management Director will manage the organization, develop the community of the Contract Managers and leverage skills and competences across the Grid Sector. He/she will monitor, analyse gaps and evaluate performance of this team and take steps to level up the competences to deliver the highest quality, lowest cost and most user-friendly contract management services on a timely basis and in a proactive and participatory manner. He/she will provide assistance for such services to all Grid Units. The plan is to grow up the community to approx 70 to 100 employees across.
By his actions and influence he/she will contribute to mitigate risks, protect our positions and create opportunities to the growth of a profitable Grid business.
Position in the Organisation
to be advised
Reports directly to the Vice President, Engineering & Project Excellence and functionally to the Senior Vice-President Grid Legal
Network & Links
Grid Legal, Grid Operations, Grid Sakes & Tendering, other Contract Management networks in Alstom, Project Offices.
External: Customers, suppliers, Contractors and Layers
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Contract Management Director role and responsibilities entail but not limited to:
- Lead the Contract Management communities and its Structural Organisation
- Budget and headcount monitoring in the different Units in collaboration with HR and Units MD
- Propose and implement new work programmes
- Evaluate external claims, attend risk reviews during execution of the projects
- Take the lead in internal and external commercial strategies to claim or/and protect Grid commercial position in coordination with the operations at Unit and/or Region levels
- Report to Sector, the progress of critical settlements and consolidated an overall Risks & Opportunities portfolio
- Drive and perform the critical claims as assigned by the Sector
- Actively animate the contract Managers network across Grid to leverage knowledge and capacity.
- Ensure internal ethic compliance, compliance with the local laws and regulations with local authorities including EHS, labour laws,
The position is based in La Defense with Multiple travels in the different Grid Regions
Positive claim settlements >50M€ TYP 13-15
HC to be developed as per ramp up plan
Market and Business Understanding
Knowledge of Alstom
Knowledge of other functional areas within the organisation
Knowledge of the domestic environment
Knowledge of the international environment
Degree educated, preferably in Commercial or Legal discipline. Fluency in English is mandatory and the knowlededge of a second spoken language would be a real asset.
Experience in: the power industry; contractors is an asset, managing large claims: making strategic decisions.
Understanding of Alstom's processes and procedures will also be required to perform the duties
Functional Know How
Environment, Health & Safety
Managing Projects & Programmes
Operational and Leadership Know How
ALSTOM Operational Know How
Ability to make decision / Sense of urgency
Teamwork and accountability
Communication with Transparency
ALSTOM Leadership Know How
Continuously Managing & Developing People
Winning and Influencing
Shaping & driving change
Motivating & Inspiring
ALSTOM - il y a 20 mois
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...