Under the technical lead responsibility, the software integration engineer is in charge to set up, to integrate, to test and to validate the various software parts of a SCADA/EMS/DMS project based on Alstom Grid eterra platform product including:
Standard eterra components (real-time data base management system, User Interface framework, Front-end data acquisition, SCADA data processing, Historical data management, Configuration tools),
On the shelf Third party products (Windows & Linux based),
Software development on top of the Software product
Database & Displays deliveries.
The Software Integration engineer is involved:
On internal projects (standardization):
Generic integration, testing & packaging of new software releases delivered by R&D Group
Validation of New Product in close coordination with R&D and projects
On customer projects:
From the pre-packaged software, customization to meet customer requirements on a target configuration
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Project definition (shared with technical lead):
- Prepare integration plan according to Statement of Work
- Design/validate hardware / software configuration
- Define working rules for resource usage
- Check coherence between customer specifications & solution proposed
- Check suppliers solutions quality
- Provide test environment & procedures to developers
- Check software quality & coherence
- Involve developers in modifications if needed
- Write manuals, procedures & maintenance guide
- Prepare & follow-up of Factory Test (FAT)
- Track progress of the integration effort
- Assist in the resolution of any technical issues that may arise.
- Support Engineers in charge of site activities (installation, test and tuning)
- Prepare & follow-up of Site Test (SAT) with Technical lead
- Act as interface to the customer and to R&D team on technical issues
- Participate to customer or Alstom team training
Minimum Bac + 5 specialization in IT, computer science
First experience as development & integration of complex software solution on large SCADA/EMS/DMS projects (Beginner with work experience in company accepted).
Operational (incl. Functional), Managerial and Leadership Know How
Good knowledge and first experiences in implementation, deployment, administration, troubleshooting:
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed in workload prioritization
- Microsoft Windows 2008 server, Windows 7, active directory
- Linux (Red hat preferably)
- Virtualization (Vmware environment)
- Distributed architecture (Servers, Workstations, LAN, WAN, DMZ…).
- Database system (Oracle, SQLserver)
- Microsoft .net programming tools (C, C++)
- Java, Eclipse framework,
- Software configuration management, test methodology
Must be able to attend work on a daily basis in a regular and timely manner
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical design, technical solutions and enterprise architecture solutions to clients/customers (English proficiency required).
ALSTOM - il y a 2 ans
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...