This position will be part of Alstom Transport’s Rolling Stock Components group and includes the design, build, test, and commission of transit rail vehicles. Rail transit projects include the design and interface of multiple systems such as HVAC, propulsion, friction brakes, communication systems, vehicle monitoring control, event recorder, door systems, lighting, auxiliary inverters, power distribution networks and others. The goal of rail transit design and construction is to produce a fully integrated system that meets customer requirements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Complete electrical design work packages including electrical and performance simulation, control circuit design and analysis, high voltage circuit design and analysis.
- Prepare electrical and interface schematics, drawings, and documentation of assigned systems and meet deliverable schedule.
- Coordinate and lead efforts with subsystem vendors to confirm compliancy with customer requirements. The engineer will interface with the customer and vendors to insure compliancy and valid design.
- Provide instructions to drafters and designers for the development and preparation of schematics, layouts, assembly, and detail drawings.
- Provide engineering support during production and vehicle qualification testing.
- Specify and select electrical components to be applied in railroad applications.
- Perform validation/commissioning tests on electrical systems locally and on customer and supplier sites.
- Apply the company standard designs and processes where appropriate.
- Maintain a written open item list on the work packages.
- This is a full time, regular position at an Alstom Rolling Stock Components site in Europe; specific site to be determined based on business needs.
- 2 to 3 year assignment in Europe, followed by a new assignment in new location.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1-4 years of electrical engineering experience or 2 years engineering experience in the rail industry
- Previous experience in preparing procurement specifications and technical requirements from customer specification
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proficiency in electrical engineering design tools (i.e. E3, AutoCAD)
- Ability to understand engineering lab instrumentation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of engineering principles
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electrical circuits and ability to design circuits
- Familiarity with IEEE standards
- Previous requirements management experience
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Candidate must be mobile and relocate to designated Alstom site(s).
- Previous rail experience with electrical systems
- Previous experience in rail industry standards and design or with similar heavy industry products such as heavy machinery, transportation vehicles, and/or high voltage equipment
- Previous configuration management experience
- Previous experience with system integration
- Other language knowledge (French / Spanish / Portuguese / German)
INACTIVE Global Engineering
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems, generators,...