UNIQLO
Recevez de nouvelles offres d'emploi et de nouveaux avis chaque semaine !

Avis des employés pour UNIQLO - Chicago, IL

Vous voyez des avis pour des postes dans la ville où vous vous trouvez (Chicago, IL).
Ce n'est pas le lieu de votre choix ?
Choisissez-en un autre.
Intitulé du poste
Lieu
23 avis correspondant à votre recherche
Voir les 1 506 avis
Culture d'entreprise
I worked at two different locations. Preferred the one at wood field instead of the one in Chicago. Management at woodfield were more attentive and communication was passed to ALL associates whereas at Chicago you'd hear through the grape vine from other coworkers. It was an easy job. The company have strict rules but it was easy to follow if you are the type of person who shows up for their shift, do your job and go home. Remain professional, don't show up late, don't call off too much and actually work and you'll keep the job. They have a strict dress code to follow. The only thing that really sucked is if the company does not reach their $$$ goal expect your hours to get cut like crazy as a part timer. and they even cut down full timers to their minimal 32 hours sometimes. Not very good job to have in the long run or if you are out of college and need an actual income but as a student its pretty decent to work at.
Culture d'entreprise
UNIQLO as a company demands very, VERY high working efficiency/speed standards with little help and guidance past initial orientation/training as a new hire. Your experience here will truly depend from store to store and region to region. I’ve worked at three stores with the company total over my two years with UNIQLO. The attitude towards employees with disabilities/health issues who aren’t able to keep up with near-constant 100%-capacity-and-beyond work for an abled person is abysmal. Microaggressions and condescending language are rampant—abled or not—and there is no subtlety. Managers are largely impersonal with an ego-inflated attitude to the point you are anxious to mention anything to them though there are some rare exceptions. Supervisors have made homophobic and transphobic jokes on the clock. Favoritism is the norm and you do not get promotions or raises if you are not friends with the managers—regardless of how hard you’re working. It took a state-mandated employment policy change to get the company to reliably send out schedules with more than 3 days notice. The company culture may be different in other regions/stores and I truly want better for UNIQLO as the potential is great and much of the product is high quality but it doesn’t seem like the company is ready to be in 2020. I truly believe it is not a bad job—just bad management. I love the store ambience and product-most of my closet was UNIQLO for over a year—and was elated to work here at the beginning, but recent experiences have soured it.
Great health insurance for full-time employees, employee discount of 30%
Points négatifs
Ableist work culture, favoritism, inadequate pay for expectations, poor management, inconsistent scheduling with short notice
Culture d'entreprise
Working here was great, the discount is awesome. My only issues were the promotion process for higher level positions is bad and changes with manager.
Culture d'entreprise
overall the experience working at Uniqlo is very unique but also very hard working position. thy have many ways for you to advance and grow within the company in small amounts of time if you are willing to put forth the hard work.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?
Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment
Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.
Culture d'entreprise
The environment is very professional and they live off of efficiency. The hours are TERRIBLE though. It isn’t uncommon to be given 6hours a week. But they do teach you a lot of leadership skills. It’s a very “do-it-yourself” kind of deal.
Culture d'entreprise
The people there aren't friendly and there are so many expectations since it is a Japanese company. The communication sucked, especially for new hires. I had to ask for help and never really received it and when I did management had attitudes.
Culture d'entreprise
I was on the Flag Ship team for the first Uniqlo in the Midwest and (at the time, I'm not sure if this is still current) it was the largest in America. Since it was the first store it was very disorganized. I mostly stood around at a designated station, folded clothes, restocked and helped out customers.
Culture d'entreprise
If you not kissing anyone’s rear or friends with management.. you won’t advance. Also, management needs to be trained better as a whole.. if the team isn’t functioning properly.. why would that be?
Nice clothes
Culture d'entreprise
I got the most useful retain training from working at uniqlo. I will say however it was a very demanding job with sometimes very unrealistic request from its employees.
Culture d'entreprise
Working at UNIQLO was very stressful. They would barely give you hours, sometimes only one day a week. Management would never be on the sales floor, they would blame us for not making sales goals, and there was never any common grounds. Also, they would promote you based on a test, instead of experience. There would always be customer complaints because of store casualties. The elevators and escalators would always be broken and this would frustrate customers. Management would never know what to do to fix this situation. With that being said, there were some positive gains form working at UNIQLO. There was plenty of opportunities to build people skills, communication skills, cashier skills, etc. Yet, there were more negative issues than positive resolutions in the work place.
Pay is good, 1 hour lunch break, build on people skills
Points négatifs
Barely any hours, favoritism, no communication
5,0
Culture d'entreprise
The shift start at 10pm-7am with a one hour unpaid break at 2am. The management always be thankful for the Overnight Stock Team. The managers, workers and supervisors always say thanks for work we do every time I clock out at 7am so having manager saying thanks goes long way in my book. I really like the job and Company is cool as well. But it's really chill and relax overnight. And sometimes we do layout for clearance items, new arrivals etc for half of the shift which can take some time. Then after lunch we do replenish and try to do as many boxes counts per shift.
1hr lunch break, decent pay, relax, chill, good management
Seasonal job
Culture d'entreprise
Uniqlo choose great talented sales associates We were on Michigan ave so it was constantly busy Every floor had different managers The hardest part of the job was finding something to do when it was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was that i got to learn a lot about retail
locker area for employees
Cutting hours
Culture d'entreprise
I would recommend other people to worth here if your young and is into fashion. it’s a very fast pace job. No room for error everything has to be a hundred percent perfect. One of the pros to having this job is theres a bunch of different ethnicities they hire, you’ll learn about other people and culture. good place for networking !.
Culture d'entreprise
Working here is different than other retail stores. You have a uniform policy and often are sent home if you do not have the proper uniform. Manangement is not the greatest. The only reason a person stays is because of the friendship you build. They can overwork you and expect too much for a retail store.
Points positifs
There's a starbucks in the building
discount, short lunch
Culture d'entreprise
The company heavily invests in training and there is always something they can train you in, so advancement and promotions are easy if you have a strong work ethic and performance. The managers are very understanding to availability needs, as most employees are either students and or are commuting from far distances. Customers may make the day hard, but if you have an anxiety attack on the clock, the team was supportive and helped. The floor team is very close knit and has a family vibe between original store opening members and new hires.
Points positifs
accommodating schedules, team based, can move into different departments of the company
Points négatifs
demanding, sometimes unrealistic goals are set, commute
5,0
Culture d'entreprise
Greeting customers, assisting them in their choices Maintain brand and operational standards (visual, cleanliness, etc.) Making sure customers are satisfied by their experience
1,0
Culture d'entreprise
It is a great place to work when you first start. But if you are not buddy buddy with people, you will not climb the later of success. It is a great company, but some of the managers have really big egos and think they are all high and mighty. And if you do your work you'll be okay, but don't get sick because they will find a way to get you in trouble, if you missed days, "for not showing prove;" even if you did!
Culture d'entreprise
not much to say. fun place to work, makes you work a little too hard and are kind of cheap when you see how big the company is. they could definitely spend more money on their employees.
Culture d'entreprise
Job is very different because it is a company expanded from Japan. Very interesting company to work for. Everything is neat, and has to be in order.
Clothing
Culture d'entreprise
uniqlo is a very nice job for those who like to socialize and help people. since the store is located in Chicago we get a lot of different types of people from all around the world. the environment is very pleasant, can get overwhelming at times depending on the amount of foot traffic of customers but other than that the job is very nice.
Culture d'entreprise
One of the only reasons why I stayed so long at the company was the bond between myself and my coworkers. That being said, the management is very poorly organized and there is a clear divide of power between each stage of management. The associates being the largest group and the foundation of the company are not treated with the respect or dignity that they deserve. They are treated more like machines, asked to put their work before their own safety and health in certain situations and frequently asked to work 12 hour shifts. Having worked nearly a year at the company, I have learned more about the psychological dynamics of fast retail and the relationships between management and associates than anything else. This experience has given me insight into the corruption of many large retail companies and the attitudes that society has against low paying workers regardless of how much effort they exert.
Great coworkers